Experienced DuPage County Will Contests Attorney
Individuals use Wills to express their wishes for how their Estate will be distributed among their beneficiaries. When questions are raised about the validity or legality of a Will, the assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced attorney is required. At the Law Office of Cynthia Hayes Hutchins, P.C., we are experienced in helping clients contest Wills and defend against Will contests. For over 20 years, our firm has offered high-quality estate planning and Probate litigation services. Protecting our clients’ rights and interests is our top priority, and Attorney Cindy Hutchins has the skills and knowledge to do so effectively.
Grounds for Contesting a Will
In Illinois, there are many reasons why a Will may be contested. Some of the most commonly cited grounds include:
- Undue Influence – The Will was executed under duress or threat of retaliation. (i.e. – A child pressures a parent into leaving the Estate to him or he will put the parent in a nursing home);
- Incompetence – The testator of the Will did not possess the requisite mental abilities when the Will was executed;
- Fraud- The testator is deceived into making certain provisions in a Will;
- Forgery – The
Will was fabricated or fraudulent changes were made to a Will;
- Ambiguous Language – The language of the Will can be interpreted in more than one way; or
- Lack of Due Execution – The proper formalities for executing a Will were not observed.
Our firm has a long track record of appropriately contesting Wills and defending against Will contests. We won a case both at the trial level and at the appellate level in which we proved that documents had been fabricated, despite the documents having two witnesses plus a notary public. In all cases, we dedicate ourselves to uncovering the truth and ensuring the wishes of the deceased are known and respected.
If you believe you have grounds for contesting the Will of a loved one or need legal help in defending against a Will contest, contact us to schedule a meeting. From our Wheaton office, we help individuals and families throughout DuPage County including Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Warrenville, Winfield, Lombard, Carol Stream, Glendale Heights, Bloomingdale and Lisle.